BORN 2 ROAM LTD – TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Unit 11 Lea Hall Enterprise Park
IMPORTANT PLEASE BE AWARE BEFORE BOOKING
- THE BOOKING MUST BE MADE IN THE MAIN DRIVERS NAME
- THE BOOKING AUTOMATICALLY COVERS 1 DRIVER WHO MEETS ALL THE
CRITERIA BELOW (ADDITIONAL DRIVERS MAY BE CONSIDERED BUT MUST BE AUTHORISED AND CHARGES WILL APPLY)
- YOU ARE INSURED TO DRIVE IN THE UK ONLY. IRELAND AND OVERSEAS
TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED ON THIS POLICY
- UK BREAKDOWN COVER IS INCLUDED FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR HIRE
- YOU MAY LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE AT THE DEPOT FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR
HIRE. PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND BORN2ROAM WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO THEIR VEHICLE WHILST ON SITE.
TERMS OF INSURANCE
1 TERMS OF BOOKING – By making this booking you (the main driver) are confirming that you and any additional drivers are:
- Between the ages of 25- 75 years of age.
- ALL drivers must have held a full driving licence for a minimum of 2 years Not had your license suspended within the last 3 years.
- ALL drivers must have no more than 2 convictions with a maximum of 3 points per conviction and they do not include BA DD or UT convictions.
- No more than 1 fault or outstanding incident/claim in the last 3 years2 You agree to provide:
- A copy of both sides of a full UK driving licence for each nominated driver
- DVLA Hire firm check code to be completed at time of booking and then again within 2 weeks of hire.. Go to https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving–record/licence–number to complete and then submit this to Born2Roam
- 2 Additional forms of ID for each driver which must be dated within 3 months of hire, to the same address as the booking and the driving license. An extensive list of acceptable ID can be made available before hire and is also shown in the table below
- All or part payment of monies MUST be in the name of the driver
- A security deposit of £1000 by drivers preferably by bank transfer 5 days prior to hire
INFORMATION WE WILL NEED FROM YOU FOR INSURANCE COVER
Please make sure you are able to supply these documents before booking as if not we will not be able to insure you to drive and you may lose any deposits paid.
Forms of ID. We need one proof from each Primary & Secondary or 2 from the primary list BOTH DATED WITHIN 3 MONTHS OF HIRE TO THE SAME ADDRESS AS YOUR LICENSE & BOOKING
FULL LIST OF ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
Electricity Bill dated 90 days from the hire date.
Water Bill dated 90 days from the hire date.
Gas Bill dated 90 days from the hire date.
Mobile phone bill
Credit Card Bill /Statement.
PLEASE NOTE It is still the insurance companies final decision whether to accept or reject any drivers
PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE 3 STAGE PAYMENTS
- AN INITIAL NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT by bank transfer to secure the hire @ £250 if over 6 weeks to hire period. This is a non refundable deposit so it is crucial you read the terms & conditions of hire to ascertain you qualify before you complete the initial This will be taken in the form of a bank transfer. Born2Roam will then confirm the booking by email with you and let you know when the final payment for your rental and “Security holding deposit” is due. Our terms and conditions including cancellation policy apply from this point onwards.
- A BALANCE PAYMENT to be paid no later than 6 weeks before hire by bank transfer or credit card
- A SECURITY DEPOSIT OF £1000 which will be collected 5 days before rental commences. TO BE HELD UNTIL THE RENTAL IS RETURNED AND POST SERVICE INSPECTION IS COMPLETED AND NO CHARGES LEVIED.
We will complete a Pre Inspection with you on 1st day of hire WHICH WILL TAKE APPROX 1 HOUR and a post Inspection when the motorhome is returned. Any new damage, rips, tears, mechanical faults deemed not wear & tear will be noted and monies will be held back until a quotation is obtained for repair. Other additional charges will apply if terms are broken on the required cleaning down on return of hire as shown below:
MOTORHOME & CAMPER RETURN.
TOILET CASSETTE & CASING NOT LEFT CLEAN & EMPTY £50
GREY WATER NOT EMPTIED £50
HABITATION CLEANING CHARGE £75
UPHOLSTERY CLEANING UPTO £200
ADDITIONAL DAMAGE REPAIRS TBA
COSTS OF REFUELING IF NOT RETURNED FULL £25 + fuel
AS LONG AS THE MOTORHOME IS IN THE SAME CONDITION WITH FULL TANK OF FUEL, INTERNALLY CLEAN, NO INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL DAMANGE & WATER DRAINED AND TOILET EMPTY & CLEANED THEN YOUR FULL SECURITY DEPOSIT WILL BE PROCESSED WITHIN 3 -5 WORKING DAYS
Other charges relating to traffic offenses, fines etc must be paid by the hirer
BORN2ROAM reserves the right to cancel the booking if payment is not received 6 weeks prior to departure. For late bookings (less than 6 weeks before departure) the full rental price is payable on booking. Vehicles will not be released without full payment being completed along with the DAMAGE SECURITY DEPOSIT. BORN2ROAM reserves the right to increase the booking deposit for certain events or promotions.
We have no restrictions on mileage unless stated at time of booking.
6 PETS – Terms of insurance
All of our Motorhomes allow pets but we expect the vehicle to be returned to us as clean and fresh as it went out. To ensure this happens we require all pets are to be:
- Declared and approved by Born2Roam prior to hire
- All pets must not be allowed on the furniture or bed
- Throws/towels and blankets to be provided by owners and used at all times
- On return the vehicle must be thoroughly clean and odour free. Any need for Born2roam to cleanse/sanitise will be charged to the hirer and deducted from the security deposit
- Any pet damage will be priced and charged before security deposit is returned
7 GAS USAGE – All our vehicles have a gas supply and you will be given enough gas for the duration of your hire. If you use an excessive amount and you need to refill then this would need to be done at the hirers expense. We recommend if you are on hook up to use your electric heater supply as this will ensure you do not run out of gas
We do hope that there will not be any need to cancel your holiday but we realise sometimes things happen. Here is our cancellation policy procedures. If a hire is cancelled by the hirer the following charges will apply:
If cancelled more than 8 WEEKS(43-56 DAYS) of hire then only the initial deposit will be lost.
If cancelled between 42-22 days before the hire up to 50% of the total hire or the initial deposit will be charged depending which is greater.
If cancelled within 3 weeks before hire then 100% of the booking will be charged.
In the event a hirer wants to make changes to a hire they should contact Born2Roam by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (charges may apply)
If changed more than 42 days before the hire, 100% of the original booking will be transferable (Excludes bookings previously changed free of charge). Bookings of less than 42 days will be arranged at the availability & discretion of the hire company
If the unfortunate event that Born2Roam need to cancel your booking then a Full REFUND will be given to the hirer. We accept no responsibility for any loss of additional fee’s to the hirer and would recommend sourcing an additional insurance policy externally if your wanting to protect your charge
Covid 19 Cancellation policy
Born2Roam will offer alternative dates/balance transfer to other dates if the following apply:
- The Born2Roam depot has to close due to UK Government restrictions.
- The UK Government introduce a full UK wide restriction banning all non-essential travel over the dates of your booking.
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU OR YOUR PARTY TEST POSITVE:
- If any of your party show proof of being Covid positive before hire you can either :
- Use your remaining days when isolation period completed no refunds would be due
- We will endeavour to re hire the motorhome for your dates, which we will then credit to your account for days rehired minus administrative charges. You may then use this credit towards another hire.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- You agree that nobody apart from those nominated on the rental agreement will drive the vehicle. In the event of any damage, the hirer will send photos of the damage to the Born2Roam immediately.
- The vehicle must not be used to carry goods of an explosive type or any other dangerous or hazardous goods.
- No other gas bottles allowed other than those fitted as standard on the vehicle.
- The vehicle will not be used for hire or reward or any form of profit by the hirer.
- The vehicle must not be used for festivals unless agreed by the Born2Roam and extra charges may apply.
- The number of people on board must not exceed at any time the amount of seat belts in the vehicle when travelling. It is the hirers responsibility to ensure seat belts are worn and that children have the correct child seats fitted and used while on hire
- You are not permitted to take your hire vehicle onto a beach or any grounds that may be prone to flooding or sinking
FIRST DAY PICK UP OF YOUR MOTORHOME
- Pick up times normally between 3-5pm (To be confirmed)
Drop Off 10 am unless otherwise agreed in advance
These times to be confirmed with you prior to pick up and alternative times may be available. If you are late for pick up or drop off then Born2Roam reserve the right to charge you a penalty for time accrued at its own discretion. If your drop off impacts on another booking where we have to compensate the new hirer the charges will be passed on to you and will be debited from your security deposit
- We will be giving you a through and detailed tour of your vehicle prior to release so please allow roughly 1 hour for the handover. We also have user manuals and video’s to help with the operation of our vehicles
- All motorhome hires come with:
- Full tank of fuel and the vehicle needs to be returned FULL on your return. Any shortfall will incur a fill up fee plus fuel (see table of charges) which will be taken out of your deposit refund
- Your vehicle will be clean inside & out with any defects logged at the start of your hire. You will need to hand the vehicle back in the same condition. The condition will be checked and documented on return. Extra charges will be applied if professional cleaning is required. There will also be a charge if the motorhome has odours from dogs, smoking etc. (see table )
- Full/Partial gas cylinder included but if you need to refill this will be at your own charge
- If you are leaving your vehicle with us then please ensure no valuables are left inside
If there is a major problem with the vehicle you have booked from us and we are unable to supply you with another vehicle or source one at our expense then we will refund any fees paid to us but shall have no additional liability.
Recovery and Breakdown
The vehicles supplied will come with manufacturer’s warranty and recovery. The details can be found in the hand books supplied. This means that any mechanical breakdown is covered free of charge. If there is operator error for items like flat battery, lost keys, wrong or insufficient fuel, the hirer will be charged. In any event, we want to keep you on the road to enjoy your holiday, so please ring Born2Roam who will do our best to help.
Maintenance of your hire vehicle
The tyre pressures, water, oil and all levels must be inspected and topped up where necessary every day and all lights checked. (Replacement bulb kit provided)
When reversing, the passenger must assist the driver to avoid damage. Our motorhomes do have an overhang and extra care must be taken when turn corners or pulling out to be aware of the back end swing out to avoid un necessary collisions
Parking your vehicle
The vehicle must be parked on level ground and/or the levelling ramps used (supplied with vehicle) to make the vehicle level. If the vehicle is not level the fridge/freezer may not work and no claim can be made for the loss of food.
Title to the Vehicle
You acknowledge that the hire firm retains the title to the vehicle and its contents, you do not have the right to offer to sell, sublet, pledge or mortgage, or let on hire while on hire to you.
All the vehicles are non-smoking inside or under any awning or near the gas bottle compartments. Any damage done by smoking will be charged by means of a quotation which the hirer will be charged for including lingering odours inside the habitation area
Termination of Hire
The hire may be terminated with no refund should any terms and conditions be broken.
Our liability to you
We will not be liable for any costs or refund due to your actions or the actions of any third party which are not under our control.
Unforeseen and Unavoidable Circumstances
The hire firm will not pay any liability or compensation where the performance/hire of the vehicle is prevented or affected by any event which we could not reasonably foresee or avoid. Such events include (but are not limited to) war or threat of, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire, floods, weather, virus and all similar events outside our control. Country lockdowns.
The hire firm will keep your details for a period of 7 years for legal claims that may arise and will not be used for any marketing from third party companies. With regards to speeding, parking or any other offences occurred, your details will be provided to the relevant company.
Insurance and Damage
a)The hire firm is unable to provide collision damage waiver insurance, but we strongly recommend the hirer arranges their own due to the very high cost of repairs. If the vehicle is returned in the same condition as it was collected and no damage is done to the vehicle while on hire, the damage deposit will be returned within 3-5 working days. If a vehicle is returned damaged and it is then estimated by the hire firm that any repairs to return it to pre-hire condition may exceed £1000, then the damage deposit will be retained until a quotation for the repairs can be obtained. PLEASE NOTE THE £1000 EXCESS IS PER CLAIM AND NOT PER HIRE. If the cost of repair(s) is less than the £1000, then the difference will be returned to the hirer. If damage repairs cost more than £1000 then the damage deposit will be retained and in the event of multiple claims then extra charges may be incurred by the hirer.
- In the event of an accident, loss or damage the hirer must notify the hire firm immediately and must provide names and address or third parties involved.
- Any traffic offences, costs and parking offences incurred while the vehicle is rented out to them will be passed on to the hirer for payment and an additional £25 per offence may be charged for by Born2Roam. d) If the vehicle is not returned on time, then it is no longer insured and must not be driven. The hirer must notify the hire firm immediately to either recover the vehicle or arrange extra insurance cover. The hire firm will charge for this. A late fee of £50 per hour or part thereof will be charged. As a goodwill gesture this amount will be passed on as a discount to the following hirer due to the inconvenience.
However, the hire firm cannot be held responsible or liable for delays beyond their control.
- If vehicle has been previously returned in an unroadworthy condition and the hire firm are unable to either repair the vehicle or source a similar replacement, the hire firm will offer a full refund and a discount off a future booking.
- No alterations will be made to the vehicle while in the hirer’s care.
Responsibility when accident occurs
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle, you will
Notify BORN2ROAM within 2hrs of the happening of the event
Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station
Complete an accident claim form as supplied
Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer
Assist BORN2ROAM in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence
You acknowledge that the excess or other amount due by you in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period, regardless of which party is at fault
You will pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a change over vehicle as a result of an accident regardless of which party is at fault
No security deposit or insurance excess will be refunded until claim is settled
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties. Born2Roam reserves the right to add or amend the vehicle specifications and the rental prices without prior notice. This does not affect your statuary rights.